I cooked eight pieces of the Swedish traditional dish (and one of my favorite dishes) Kroppkaka yesterday. I ate two for dinner yesterday, two for lunch today and three for dinner today. Of course, I ate them like this, with lingonberry jam and butter. If you would like to try it, here is a recipe for you.
45 minutes, 4 portions (or 8 pieces).
- 500 gram potatoes
- 1 egg
- 2.5 dl flour
- 1 onion
- 100 gram salted pork
- lingonberry jam, butter and parsil
- Boil the potatoes, peel them and then mash the potatoes.
- Mix the mashed potatoes with flour, egg and spices fast.
- Peel the onion, chop it in small pieces and dice the pork. Then, fry the onion and the pork together in a frying pan.
- Form balls/ dumplings out of the mashed potatoes. Make a hole in the middle and fill it with the fried onion-pork mixture. Then, make them tight. (You might need to cover the dumplings with a thin layer of flour again if they are sticky).
- Boil the dumplings in a sauce pan with water for 5-6 minutes. The dumplings will float up to the top when they are “done”.
- Serve the dish with lingonberry jam, butter and parsil or something else.
I found the recipe here.
Have fun and Bon appetite!